Specific Fractal Programs at Other Sites
- Be sure to check out the New Programs section of the "What Is New" Spanky page.
- Paul de Leeuw has created a fractal generation program called ManPWin that runs under Windows 9x, ME, 2K, XP and it is available from his homepage. It is a free program based loosely on FractInt but is a full 32 bit program with true colour support.
- Yan Qiu Chen, has created an IFS movie program for MSDOS called FractMovie
and it is available from his homepage.
- Bernd Hemmerling email@example.com now maintains his own website dedicated to his fractal programming efforts. His programs are specifically designed for producing High-colour and True-colour fractals on the IBMPC platform. He has just released new versions of several of his programs. Both his FracTrue and LyapTrue are also available from the Spanky program archives.
- Theron Wierenga firstname.lastname@example.org
from Wierenga Software, has a shareware
Mandelbrot/Julia Set Generator for Windows.
- A new freeware fractal program for Win95, WinNT or PowerMac called Aros Fractals from Aros Magic.
- Stephen C. Ferguson of Perception Graphics at email@example.com has a webpage and gallery dedicated to "Iterations" and "Flarium". Two fractal programs for the Windows/95 and Windows/NT operating systems.
- Phil Packard firstname.lastname@example.org has given me a copy of his
Fractal Orbits Program for Win95 and Windows/NT systems.
It is responsible for many of the unique and beautiful fractal images
posted to the
alt.binaries.pictures.fractals newsgroup these past few months.
- Philip J. Baker email@example.com has written a
screensaver for Windows and Win95 systems that uses several fractal images.
- XaoS is a program developed by Thomas Marsh firstname.lastname@example.org and
Jan Hubicka, email@example.com and the latest release is available from it is
European site, The XaoS Homepage maintained by Jan Hubicka.
- Jeff Colvin firstname.lastname@example.org has a homepage for
Iterated32: An Iterated Function Systems program he developed for Win95 and Windows/NT using Visual Basic 4.0.
- Bruce Dawson of Cygnus Software email@example.com announces his Fractal eXtreme fractal program for Win32. It is a shareware fractal generator. Go there to download a version for a 15 day free trial.
- Michael Sargent firstname.lastname@example.org creates the Quintessential Sophistry Home Page, where he presents several of his fractal generating programs and an image gallery. They are all 32 bit applications for the Win95 environment and are capable of true-colour operation.
- Frode Gill email@example.com has updated his Quaternion Generator The program requires Windows 3.1 or above, and the standard Borland .DLL-files which are available at his site.
- Jason Letbetter firstname.lastname@example.org created Set Surfer which is a 32 bit Windows 95 app for exploring the mandelbrot set. It is currently in beta testing. Try it out.
- Michael R. Ganss email@example.com has just released version 0.22 of his new fast mandelbrot generator for X11/unix systems called AlmondBread.
- A new version of "Filmer", the Fractal animation and zoomer
program written by written by David Mansfield and Julian Haight firstname.lastname@example.org is available from Julian's homepage.
- An IFS Demo program By Kryachko Y.A. email@example.com.
- A distributed fractal generator designed for use with the mentat system.
- The FFFF hicolor fractal generator programmed by Daniele Paccaloni firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joris Van Ranst email@example.com Has sent in a very interesting realtime IFS dynamic display program. IFSIM1 is available from the archive at Spanky. Source included.
Or you could try a second version IFSIM2 which has colour and several other new features.
- Laurens Lapre firstname.lastname@example.org has a great 3D L-system package for DOS called LPARSER V.4 available from his webpage dedicated to Lsystems.
- Darryl House has ported the Fractint code into a nice x/motif version called Xmfract and it is configurable for a number of unix platforms.
- Nicolas Guerin's xfractal explorer version 1.0 for xwindow systems.
- The xmntns fractal terrain generator for unix xwindow systems.
- Reinoud Lamberts has created PostMan. A mandelbrot program designed to create large B/W tiled mandelbrot sets for postscript printers.
- Generate lyapunov exponents with lyap for unix xwindow systems.
2D IFS editor that works with Linear and Nonlinear Iterated Function Systems from The Institute of Computer Graphics at the Technical University of Vienna.
- Ken Shirriff's xwindow port of Fractint version 18.2. xfractint version2.03 from his directory at Berkeley.
- J.C. Sprott gives us a few free fractal programs.
- A Unix L-systems interface called lsys available at U.N.C.
- Stephen Booth at the University of Edinburgh created xmountains. A nice fractal terrain generator.
- A Mandelbrot generator and a Lyapunov generator for NEXT systems.
- Peter Johansson's Fractal Studio is a distributed network fractal program under development.
- A fractal compression program called limbo available from Carsten Frigaard: email@example.com in Denmark.
- A PhotoShop add-on for the Mac called Expression from Jim Bumgardner.
- A program called 3DFract for IBMPCs from Brent Hugh.
- Mike Freeman firstname.lastname@example.org from Capilano College has developed another 24bit colour fractal generator called
trumand and it can be downloaded from his webpage.
- Dennis De Mars email@example.com has made his latest version of FracPPC v1.1b, a fractal generator for the PowerPC, and also small gallery of images created with it available from his new webpage.
- David Wright firstname.lastname@example.org presents a program created explicitly for teaching about fractals called A Fractal Experience.
- Niels Ulrik Reinwald email@example.com has updated his fractal program
FRACZOOM yet again. The latest version is version 5.0. There are a lot of interesting features to this program! Definitely worth a look.
- Ramiro Perez firstname.lastname@example.org has a new website with links to his fractal programs and pages on Chaos and artificial life etc...
General Resources for Fractal Programs at Other Sites
I have many fractal source codes
and executable programs
available at Spanky, but not all. I cannot keep up with all of the new releases, updates etc. so I will try to keep valid pointers to alternate sites. More of these links will become available as I verify them. Also note that most of these links are through FTP or GOPHER and your web client may not be configured to navigate these spaces directly. Email me if you know of any specific locations for good fractal programs or large repositories of fractal software.